Thursday, 17 November 2011

Unit 2: Morlocks Cave Influence Map and Sketches



For the third scene, the Morlock's cave I looked at pictures of underground cities; I remember hearing of them in Russia and another in the middle of Europe somewhere (I forget the country).

Handily Google turned up lots on this, cave that struck me the most is Kaymakli underground system in the Central Anatolia region in Turkey. I really like the curvy, smooth carving in the cave and it helps me to grasp the space in my head :)

The text mentions there is strange machinery in the cave so I took reference from the 1960's film adaptation and decided it would be oil refining machines, possibly with small amounts of fire coming out of it, similar to the flame boom on an oil rig

Here are some sketches for this scene:

No comments:

Post a Comment