Tuesday, 22 February 2011

Style change

I had opted to have an influence from graphic novels and the film Sin City but seeing as A) I dont really read graphic novels, B) It looks a little out of place for the 1920's-1950's and C) I can't really draw in the graphic novel style.

Therefore I think I shall leave a particular style out of the work, going more for a more realistic view but taking some influence from Roman Polanski's Repulsion, specifically the use of cracks in things and I will also draw from the Mr Cellophane scene from the film adaptation of Chicago (Thanks Phil!). I think during the 'circus in his head scene' I'll add a touch of sepia to the mix for emphasis, not only does the salesman feel he's being laughed at but his mind is gloomy and tinted too.


Might have been slightly influenced by this site: http://www.lackadaisycats.com which I just love, it looks like the right era for my animation but it's in the prohibition which would ruin the failing salesman who's taken to drink angle I was going for :(

No comments:

Post a Comment