Wednesday, 22 September 2010

Putting a spin on things... thoughts anyone?

Just thought I'd post an idea I've been kicking about in my sleep the last couple of nights.

"Following an accident in your teleportation pod, you have been spliced genetically with an animal..."

I've been trying to think of a way to meet the req's of the brief but without destroying the natural beauty of the Owl with which I am to be spliced; to paraphrase what Phil said last Friday in the bar 'its a beautiful animal'. The 'Fly' films and the wording of the brief lends the whole project very sci-fi grotesque overtones which I feel would destroy any attempt at creating a harmonius hybrid.

Anywho, so the idea I've had is some sort of magical teleportation with perhaps a wooden 'pod' set in the middle of some forest (this would then explain the owl). It would be somewhat irrelevant but I was thinking of doing a little storyboard, once I have the hybrid fleshed out (so to speak), just to get the final image in some sort of context.

Would this still be within the brief? I think I've stayed within the bounds but criticism would be good!

2 comments:

  1. My opinion would rely on firstly answer the brief, if the main goal is the reproduction of your/ owl self.
    If time allows in the end and if are keen to do some more stuff on this subject feel free. but I do suggest to always answer the brief first, without rushing, cos it may seem simple but it can be not.

    Also in about the sci-fi look, surely you woldnt look for that, as opposite the owl is a graceful animal in opposition to the grotesque and scary sci-fi look.

    Although the films shown maybe are sci-fi, really you dont have to go that way..

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruben, I'll take your advice on board :)

    ReplyDelete